Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Heartfelt Thanks and Best Wishes

Pam,

We first met in person all the way back in August, 1994 on my first day at Kaiser.   You may not realize this but you were a key reason I decided to join the firm.  Trying to decide between post- business school job offers, I was attracted to Kaiser but unsure.  Your phone calls to me and the professionalism of the letters (yes, letters, this was pre-email days) you sent me made me comfortable that Kaiser was the right choice.  My guess is you have had the exact same positive impact on literally hundreds of other Kaiser hires over the last 37 years.  Just one of the many, many ways that you may not realize you have positively affected lives and Kaiser.

The outpouring of love and appreciation on this blog vividly illustrates your greatest quality: how much you genuinely care for everyone (and in return how much we all care for you).  This quality stands out among a long list of admirable qualities: amazingly competent at every role you played at Kaiser, always positive and upbeat, and incredibly reliable and dependable. 

Personally, no matter what was happening on any given work day (good or bad), ringing you up would be a highlight of my day.  I knew we would do a quick catch up on our personal lives (how was the paddleboard trip, how is Michael doing, etc.).  Then you would always offer up a solution to whatever problem I was calling about.  Let’s do this.  From now on, let’s keep our occasional calls going but just skip any work stuff.

I feel blessed to have worked with you for the past 24 years.  Your contributions to Kaiser are too many to count and much appreciated.  You will be sorely missed.

Kevin

KEVIN SLAYDEN

No comments:

Post a Comment