Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Congratulations


Pam,

I am so happy for you, impressed with you, and more than a touch nostalgic about your retirement from Kaiser. I was fortunate enough to work with you over 10 years. Like so many, you were the person to introduce me to all of the important things related to working at Kaiser (staffing, 401k, insurance, and generally actually having a job). I luckily got to work with you in-person for a few years, but whether in-person or remotely, you were always a key part of the backbone at Kaiser.  

Working with you as Manager in the San Francisco office are some of my most fond memories. Our small-knit group was transformative for my development. As the matriarch of the office, I remember a lot of meaningful life conversations with you. Of course, I remember the fun stuff- lunch down in the Embarcadero, beers at the Marin Brewery, social events at your home, and the list goes on. Turns out the development and fun often happened at the same time.

When I became one of the leaders of the DC office, I realized just how incredibly valuable and talented you are from an operations perspective. Whether it was operational management, personnel reviews, or staffing, you always had great insight and ideas. As a business owner, I have wondered aloud- how do we find a "Pam Knox" for our business- someone who has the capability required, the flexibility necessary, the loyalty as an "organization builder," and the kind heart that actually has the most impact on people and culture. While Kaiser will continue to be the great firm it is today, it will certainly miss you. More than your capabilities, it will be your attitude, your personal touch, and your genuine character. You are an amazing person and deserve all of the love you are feeling. Jenny and I want to congratulate you on your retirement and amazing career. Wishing you continued happiness in your next chapter and a catch-up in 2019!

Kevin J. Dell'Oro

No comments:

Post a Comment