Tuesday, November 20, 2018

From Muscat With Love

Pam, 

One of the most incredible things about you - apart from your smile and ever-present good mood, which I've somehow come to associate to the steady blue of the Californian skies - is that you seem to be always awake! No matter when or where I write to you - from D.C., from Paris, from Muscat - no matter the time difference, I'm sure to find a response from you in my inbox in no time. How you do it is a wonder - but the fact that you have always been so quick and available, even with the countless requests of all types you probably received every day from the Kaiserites, has always meant a lot to me. Thank you for your incredible dedication to us.

We are being suggested to tell you one thing that you should absolutely do in retirement - how can I not tell you to visit the most wonderful city in the world, the city of lights, Paris? :) Though I am not there at the moment, I would be delighted to send you an e-mail with all the things you need to see or do there! And your smile could probably do good to the Parisians ;)

Have a wonderful retirement, and please stay in touch! 
Greg Riobé

p.s. Here is a picture of my family in Oman where we live now.  In case you find the Parisian mood too depressing, you probably would love it here - the landscape is not too dissimilar to California!

No comments:

Post a Comment