Monday, November 19, 2018

Do you Believe in Magic?

When I met Pam in the London office in 2011 I was surprised. I had never imagined that Annie Sendall, our amazingly perfect office manager there at the time, could be cloned.  I was wrong. There you were, another magician making the Kaiser world spin – on axis I might add – with just the flick of wrist.  When I got to know you better later on I realized that your ‘flick of a wrist’ was actually the flex of a gigantic Atlas-sized bicep. You never shrugged, though, so the world kept spinning.

Holding it down on the West Coast for 2015/2016 with you was a godsend.  Just when I might feel utterly disconnected from the broader business I would get a call from you about some form I had neglected, some thing I had entered incorrectly. I may have even started neglecting those forms on purpose....

I especially enjoyed that those calls did not come at 6am like most meeting requests from clients and colleagues.  Finally, someone who really understood me – late to rise, working late (with a glass of wine), late to bed.  This was one of your many gifts and one I will never forget.  No matter how many offices, consultants, partners, 401ks, dental plans, you always made us feel known and cared for.  All of us.  Like I said, a MAGICIAN.

Thank you for all your work over the years and I wish you best of luck in retirement. Your invitation to Seattle still stands, so don’t be a stranger.


Leith

LEITH SHENSTONE

No comments:

Post a Comment