Friday, November 30, 2018

California girl

Wow, Pam retiring! Best of luck to you, Pam. I wish I had a picture from back in the day. You were always a breath of fresh air with your long blond hair, sparkly eyes and ready smile. Now that I live in California I realize that you were a breath of California we got to experience each day. 

I knew you back in the early technology days - our fax machine with the heat sensitive paper was new-fangled! We got hand written messages if we missed a call. You wrote us handwritten checks. We got very early Apple computers and boy were they fancy. But we still had to rub on graphics like arrows and flow charts. This list is making me feel old! But they are sweet memories. 

I remember when you welcomed baby Michael. It was such a happy time. And he grew into such a sweet boy! I also clearly remember some advice you gave me when I had gotten a house with a yard and was thinking about what to plant: "Don't plant bamboo!" You were very certain about that. It had taken over your yard!!!! 

Other than more bamboo, you were open to anything. You set a great example for me and for others with your calm demeanor and supportive attitude. I wish you many happy days!!!!!!!

Deborah (Colella) Yates

No comments:

Post a Comment