Way back in late 1983 (I think that’s the
right year), you hired me and I felt lucky. It was a pleasure to have worked
with you at Kaiser Associates for those many years (again, I think it was until
1990) and to call you a friend. Kaiser was young back then and Pam, you were
the everything girl...preparing presentations, keeping track of busy schedules,
making sure the firm ran smoothly AND doing the books...all with a smile and
with the patience of Job.
I remember
helping you type up the presentations and hand drawing boxes for the charts.
Everything needed to be just right. Getting our IBM Selectric typewriters to
make boxes so we didn’t have to draw everything by hand really was an
accomplishment and a time saver. There were moves to new office spaces, changes
in telephone system technologies, the introduction of evolutionary computers
(talk about being on the edge!), the ever changing flow of consultants and
analysts and all the while you stayed in control remaining calm and steady.
Your work ethic was, is, incredible, a great example for any employee to
witness. If there was a deadline we stayed until the project was finished. I’m
sure you haven’t changed after all these years. Even after I left Kaiser, many
times I returned to help with presentation production and as always was so
happy to be able to catch up with you. As busy as you may have been, you always
took time to stop, listen, help and advise those that entered your office.
I have
wonderful memories of working with you and am not surprised that you stayed the
most devoted employee and was a big, if not the biggest, contributor to the
success of Kaiser. I
am blessed to know you and that we still keep in touch annually. I cannot be
happier for you as you embark on your upcoming retirement.
All the best, Pam and Jay. Have fun, stay healthy and continue living life to its fullest!
Clorinda
Haug
No comments:
Post a Comment