Pam,
As an engineer, I've
never really been the most elegant writer. So I thought it'd be fitting to
summarize why Pam is THE ABSOLUTE BEST(!!!) with a list of great
"Pam"ecdotes and "Pam"isms that have really stuck with me
through my time at Kaiser:
Pam's Perfectly Eccentric Font Choices
Simply put, Pam is
the queen of the font world. Like Beyonce in music, or Jackson Pollock in
painting, Pam has truly revolutionized the game of font selection.
Let's look at her
cunning use of the Algerian font on two separate occasions:
2016
2018
Note how she really
captures the color palette of both 2016 and 2018 here. Note the subtle switch
to italics with a wider paragraph spacing in 2018. It's nothing but top-notch
work.
But best of all,
these brilliant font choices are most frequently used on….
Birthdays
For the most part,
birthdays today are filled with half-assed, mediocre Facebook messages, a few
nice texts from your close friends, and a collection of misused emojis from
your family. But for a few years straight, I think Pam's birthday note has
topped my list, because:
- You just know Pam does this for everyone at Kaiser, which is truly remarkable
- It's always an unexpected, warm, and literally colorful message that simply brightens your day
- Again, the font selection (pay attention people)
I will greatly miss
Pam's birthday note next year!
Travel
Nothing is both more
awesome and more disheartening than Pam's repeatedly impressive travel plans. I
can only describe how lame one can feel after talking to Pam about travel with
this short "Pam"ecdote:
I had just recently returned from a trip to Paris and
Iceland with my girlfriend, Allison. I was telling Pam that we did some pretty
amazing things like touring the catacombs, seeing a ballet at national opera
house, tasting wine with a master sommelier, and hiking 30+ miles of glaciers
and waterfalls across Southeast Iceland.
I then asked Pam if she had any travel plans coming
up… and she solidly one-upped me as she started telling me about the trip she
had planned to the urban hubs and far reaches of Morocco with her husband.
There were plans to tour the markets of Marrakech, explore the outskirts of the
Sahara desert, and stay in integrated lodging environments in the local
villages surround Fes, Casablanca, and more.
I'm quite certain
that Pam will continue to shine as an experienced world traveler in retirement,
and I look forward to hearing stories about the amazing places I'm sure she
will go in the coming years.
In Summary
All in all, your
phenomenal fonts, warm birthday emails, adventurous traveling tales, and of
course your unifying presence will be greatly missed here at Kaiser. We're all
wishing you the very best in retirement!!
Warm wishes,
Chris


No comments:
Post a Comment